Over the past 12 months, we have been focusing on the following and will continue to do so in the future:
- We are encouraging and spreading good practice on mental health care, work place wellbeing and suicide prevention by identifying and collating good practice and then sharing it with relevant workplaces
- We strongly believe that effectively trained Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA) are an important part of promoting mental well-being in the workplace. We are delighted that Jonathan's company, Haseltine Lake, has trained 24 MHFAs. Jonathan's Voice will continue to promote and mental health first aid training in the workplace
- We are working with other organizations and charities who broadly share our objectives. In particular, we are working in partnership with IP (Intellectual Property) Inclusive. We have also responded to invitations from organizations and companies, for example the Card Factory, EDF Energy, and Nottingham Trent University to work alongside them on mental health initiatives by sharing our story.
- We are actively encouraging supporters and others to become Mental Health Champions and signposted them to Time to Talk Time to Change website https://www.time-to-change.org.uk/.
- We have an on-going relationship with Nottingham Forest Community Trust, the University of Nottingham Institute for Mental Health and others to achieve greater awareness of suicide risk in men and reduce the stigma associated with mental health issues.
- We are working with the main provider of residential revision courses in the UK for patent trainees prior to professional exams. The provider will host a resource area on their website for mental health and wellbeing material that we will supply and facilitate a slot to speak about mental health at the revision courses in 2019
- We will be working through the City Mental Health Alliance (CMHA) as part of a Working group to consider revising existing resources and developing new ones that are relevant and engaging for lawyers and the IP community with a focus on small firms.